Our commitment to the world we live in
Compass Carnivores is committed to reducing its impact on the environment. We recognize that this is a continuous process of review and improvement.
Sustainability in the nursery
- We encourage biodiversity in and around our nursery through planting trees, shrubs and ground-covers which provided habitat, food and refuge for animals and insects.
- We undertake pest management processes which adhere to best practice to ensure the environment and our plants are free from pests and disease.
- Our spraying programs are undertaken with careful consideration of the life-cycle and health requirements of animals, including reptiles, amphibians, pollinators and birds.
Recycling and reuse
- We recycle pots, trays and other consumables by cleaning and sterilizing equipment until it breaks. After which, we return the material to supplier for recycling.
- water is used as a precious resource, we recycle water where possible and make use of water saving technologies including covered areas.
- We use packing boxes sourced from recycled materials which originate from sustainable plantations.
- Many of our non-plant products and packing materials can be reused by our customers. We encourage you to recycle and re-purpose packing materials.
We would love to hear any ideas you have for improving sustainability and environmentally friendly practices in our nursery. We strive to provide great quality plants which are ethically grown and shipped to you with as little footprint as possible.